TREATMENT OF DOUBLE CHIN IN MONTREAL USING BELKYRA
Double chin is a common concern for adults, both men and women, and it is mainly affected by three factors: aging, genetics and weight change. The fullness under the chin bothers 67% of people when asked during a survey done by The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. Currently there are two available surgical treatments for submental countering such as: neck face lift and liposuction, both requiring different patient characteristics in order to be a good candidate.
At Clini-Derma, we are proud to introduce BELKYRA, a non-surgical treatment for the fullness under the chin that is quick, safe and efficacious.*
WHAT IS BELKYRA?
Belkyra is a deoxycholic acid injection, that is injected in the submental subcutaneous fat and physically destroys the fat cells, called adipocytes. Once fat cells are destroyed, they cannot store and accumulate fat. Belkyra is indicated for the improvement of moderate to severe submental fullness in adults, both men and women. It is the first and only injectable treatment approved by Health Canada for the improvement of fullness under the chin.
WHY CHOOSE BELKYRA?
• It is a quick and safe treatment that can be completed in the office within 15-20 minutes.
• It does not require surgery
• It is performed one- on- one with the physician to achieve the treatment goals
• Good efficacy results within 2-4 treatments depending on the severity of the submental fullness. Almost 80% of people treated with Belkyra reported satisfaction in the appearance of their chin.* It can be administered up to 6 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart.
• Once the treatment goals are achieved, there is no need for re-treatment.*
• You are having a healthy diet regimen and exercise but the fullness under the chin does not seem to go away.
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
Like with every injection, side effects are possible with Belkyra. The most common side effects that were seen with the treatment are: bruising, pain and numbness.
It is important to advise the doctor during the consultation if you are taking any medications that could increase the risk of bleeding such as: Aspirin, Advil, Vitamin E, warfarin, etc.
Before starting the treatment the doctor may apply ice / cold pack or topical anesthesia in order to make the patient feel more comfortable. Normally the pain is mild and it decreases rapidly after treatment.
BOOK A CONSULTATION
Book a consultation with Clini-Derma today in order to give your chin the best appearance with BELKYRA.*
*Disclaimer: Patients results can vary from one to the other depending on multiple factors.